Friday, June 14, 2013

Oh Carrie...


                           I always get caught up with Sex and the City whenever I channel surf.

     I get wrapped up in the story of Carrie and Mr. Big but it is a bit unrealistic. At least to me. 3 years ago it would have been a different story. I would have waited for the guy to change his mind-I would have settled not getting what I wanted. But what I was willing to give up is a big part of me.

     With time the pain fades and when you think that you are okay being alone someone shows up with the same ideals as you, and everything starts to make some sense.


So here is what I learned and my little bit of advice:

You have to be willing to know when to be giving and when to be selfish. If that makes sense. Relationships are an equal balance, no manipulation or mind games- a natural give and take. Where you can love and be loved. And you shouldn't have to compromise your ideals for another if they aren't willing to compromise for you.

<3 Shari


No comments:

Post a Comment